The process of creating a decent business logo can be a challenge for many professionals. Designing a logo is considered a craft, and if done successfully, this can bring about many positive results for a company.
But what exactly defines a successful business logo?
Well first thing’s first is its relevance to the business, its service, mission, vision, and corporate values. Every aspect of the business matters, and all of them must be considered when designing a logo. Nothing should be missed out or neglected as this could become a potential setback, especially if are trying to stand out from your competitors.
To nail the process, make sure that you give importance to each and every single detail of your business logo.
How to Find the Perfect Logo for Your Business
Consider a business logo to be the face of your company. It tells potential customers about your business, what it stands for, while also visually communicating the quality of your products or services. Therefore, designing a logo will essentially require an in-depth knowledge of your company. At the same time, it will also require a ton of time and investment from your designers.
Take a look at all the business logo designs already made by other brands for example.
As a starter, these designs can serve as an inspiration to your logo, and there’s no better way to activate your creativity skills than to browse through these great logo ideas.
If your business belongs to the beauty industry for instance, try searching up beauty and cosmetic brand logos such as Urban Decay, Benefit, Estée Lauder, or Clinique. However, if your business belongs to the airline industry, you can try searching up logos of Qatar Airways, Emirates, Thai Airways, or KLM.
When brainstorming your ideas, remember to not copy from these existing designs. These inspirations are there to lay out the foundations for you, allowing you to see all the design opportunities that are out there for your particular industry. Stealing from them will only leave your company in legal trouble, which of course is never ideal in any circumstances.
If you are a new business in need of help in designing the perfect logo for your company, here are some useful logo design tips shared by our team of professional designers that you may apply.
Know your clients by heart
Acquiring full understanding of your clients will be an intrinsic part to creating a successful business logo design. Get to know who your ideal consumers are and take note of all the necessary information. Every detail matters, as the more you know about your customers, the better your design will deliver.
Each company will have its own unique qualities, so be sure to study yours thoroughly. Who are you as a brand, what are your values, and who are your target customers? These will be the basic questions that you will need to know the answers to by heart.
In order to sell, both your brand and your logo design will have to appeal to these target customers. If you do not know their likes or dislikes, values, or personality, it will make it harder for you to be able to design a logo that emotionally speaks to them.
Therefore, as a tip, you should consider consulting your sales assistants or customer service team as they will be the ones who know your customers best. Their constant interactions with your clients will help reveal valuable insights about them that you should definitely jot down.
Simply put, prioritize your customers. Understanding their specific needs and expectations will allow you to build a more personal connection with them, and this can ultimately lead to a better design and overall brand performance.
Put your logo design drafts aside
Logo creation involves a tremendous thinking process. Samples will have to be modified, redesigned, and polished multiple times. You will find that a lot of times, the final logo result will look nothing alike to its initial design. Hence, the continuous search for the perfect logo design for your business will require lots and lots of brainstorming.
Although the process may seem draining, especially so when it comes to your creativity, try not to get stuck in a rut. However, if you feel like you are, do not panic. This can happen to the best of us, even the most experienced designers.
The best way to deal with is to take a break and put your design draft aside. This is a practice that is used by many professionals in the design field, and it allows them to work on other projects without having to stress over one design for a long period of time.
Eventually, ideas will start flowing again and this will be a great chance for you to bring back your draft. Try to improve it in any way that you think will work, even if it may not be the final design you were looking for. Every little bit helps, so continue to explore and experiment with different ideas until you have come to a final design that best fits you.
Read and learn from designer blogs
The Internet has been the greatest invention of the 20th century. It has transformed the way people used to communicate and share information as well as their experiences. If you have recently entered the industry and want to excel in logo designing, this will come to your advantage.
Creating logo designs for businesses is not an easy job, and if you yourself are a designer, constant improvement of your skills will be necessary. Fortunately, the Internet has provided us with a range of designer blogs that you can read to keep up with all the important trends in the industry.
Surely, courses are a great way to prove your design skills with a certificate. However, reading other designers’ opinions and learning from their mistakes can also be a great way to educate yourself on the topic.
Blogs allow you to analyze another design professional’s work portfolio, and they can be a valuable source for business logo design inspirations. They can both challenge and motivate you, so be sure to explore and make good use of what is available out there on the web.
Successful Logos for Business: Tips from Our Designers
At DesignBro, we’ve gathered the greatest design experts on our team who are able to deliver logo designs efficiently and professionally. We take pride in our corporate portfolio, and our talents’ work has always met the needs of our clients.
In this section, our сreatives have highlighted some of the best strategies used when creating business logos.
- Simplify your logo design. Considering the current ‘less is more’ design trend, this will always be a tip to remember. When creating a brand design on your computer screen, you are able to clearly see all its tiny and intricate details. However, in reality, business logos are mostly meant to occupy small spaces. The simpler the design is, the more visually appealing it will appear on objects and signs with limited space.
- Make it relevant. When you let your creativity run free, it is easy to get carried away. If you feel that you overdid your design and that it no longer appears relevant to your brand, you can always show it to another designer for feedback. Consulting other professionals is a great tip as an outsiders’ perspective is always good to have for future improvement. Others may be able to notice the little things or perceive your design in ways that you don’t.
- Think outside the box. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Bold logos always turn out to be the most striking ones, and any extraordinary aspect of your brand’s visual design will eventually become more memorable to your consumers. A unique and memorable logo design is the key to attract potential clients. So, stop doing what every other brand is already doing with your logos. You have to divert from mainstream designs in order to stand out from others.
- Choose a simple yet defining icon. You want your logo to sufficiently communicate everything there is about your brand to your consumers within a single glance. Therefore, for your logo, it is wise to choose a symbol that is defining of your business. Think about Apple or Telegram icons. They’re simple, relevant, and able to maintain its appeal for the long-term because they are highly associated with the company they belong to. Approach your logo design in similar ways and create an icon that resonates with your business and brand name.
- Use the right colors and fonts. Experimenting can be great, but when it comes to colors and fonts, things can get a bit more complicated. Again, it’s important to not overload your design with curvy fonts and bright colors as this can make your final appear overwhelming. To avoid possible logo design failure, it would be best to stick to classical fonts and a maximum of 3 color choices. More importantly, you must make sure that both the font and color choices remain cohesive to one another.
The Best Business Logo Designs
Designing a successful business logo is not only about unleashing your creativity skills, it is also about being fully committed to your work. The more practice you get, the easier and the better the logo design process gets.
Ofcourse, there are times when the task will be daunting, however, without great effort, a flawless logo design could never come about.
Businesses exist for revenues, and logo designs can determine a company’s destiny in its competitive market. For a positive impression and recognition of your business, aim to depict your company in the best way possible. Enrich your logo by visually communicating your organization’s credibility, experience, and values.
Below are some of the best business logo design examples we have seen. Feel free to use these professional and eye-catching designs for inspiration when creating your unique business logo design.
Wanted to read more about logo designs? Be sure to check out the rest of our blog for related articles on logo design. However, if you are still in need of help with your logo, do not hesitate to contact us about the professional logo design service that we offer. Our designers would be very happy to help you out with your new business logo!
Besides having grown up in the design Industry, Christiaan has advised some of the world’s largest companies on their branding & packaging designs. Has been the resident judge for design awards, and has spoken at numerous global design & marketing events. Christiaan founded the London office of the award-winning Cartils agency, and has founded the DesignBro.com platform.