Get business trends, tips & design ideas straight into your inbox!
All our subscribers stay ahead of the game with exclusive content and updates. Join the community!
Music, painting, comedy, drama, movies, and everything creative separates humans from other species living on the planet. The artistic abilities of the human race evolved over hundreds of thousands of years. Along with developing intuitive creative wisdom, humans also began flourishing the power of words.
Today, we use words to communicate, think and create. From songs to slogans, words bring meaning to creativity.
Slogans and t-shirts have a long history together. A plain and boring t-shirt simply comes to life with a creative slogan. From political protest slogans to funny quotes, t-shirts can help you express anything you want. T-shirts with sayings are also a way of staying trendy and stylish. A pair of jeans and a tee with a catchy t-shirt slogan can easily make you the center of attraction.
We have curated some iconic and some underrated vintage gold in this list of catchy t-shirt slogans. Let’s quickly jump into the list.
- What is life without some laughter in it? Funny t-shirt quotes are a way of making instant connections. Funny shirts with sayings often get you things that serious conversations sometimes fail to achieve. The following funny slogans for t-shirts are sure to get you noticed:
- I’m With Stupid: This is one of the most hilarious slogans for t-shirts. The slogan indicates that you agree with a person you are not particularly fond of.
- Free Hugs: While this one might not be funny, this is surely something everyone needs today!
- I’m In Shape, Round Is A Shape: This funny t-shirt quote is sure to grab everyone’s attention when you walk into a room.
- I’m Not As Think As You Drunk I’m
- Warning I Do Dumb Things
- Think Less, Stupid More
- Kiss me I’m Irish: The quote was famous for St. Patrick’s Day; however, it has now become a global phenomenon.
- Return To Sender
- Don’t Laugh It’s Your Girlfriend’s Shirt
- Cute But Psycho
- Take Me Drunk
- Zombies Hate Fast Food
Politically Inspired T-Shirt Wordings
Political slogans have not only been used as a powerful tool during elections campaigns, but they have also been associated with important social movements. These political slogans have also been turned into cool shirt sayings. Let us take a look at some of them.
- Bread and Roses: The words were first spoken by activist Helen Todd. Helen, in one of her speeches, said, “Bread for all and roses too.”
- Death To Fascism, Freedom To The People
- Yes We Can: Inspired by “Si Se Puede,” a Spanish slogan, Yes We Can became the centre of attention in 2008 Barack Obama’s Presidential campaign.
- Deeds Not Words
- Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death
- Make love, Not War
- Touch One Touch All (TOTA)
- No Surrender!
- Power To The People
- The Buck Stops Here
Inspirational T-Shirt Sayings
Wearing t-shirts with inspirational quotes on them is a great way of motivating yourself. These t-shirts never fail to attract others along with reminding you of your goals.
- Believe You Can And You’re Halfway There: This self-believe quote can really inspire you to achieve great things. Keep a t-shirt hanging with this great quote to remind yourself of your next big goal.
- Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
- Goals Are Dreams With Deadlines.
- You are not your resume, you are your work.
- Fortune sides with him who dares.
- I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
- Your attitude not your aptitude will determine your altitude.
- The Only disability in life is a bad attitude.
- If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time.
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.
Famous T-Shirt Quotes Inspired By Songs
Songs are medicines for the soul; they help the heart and the mind heal from the toughest situations in life. The following lines from songs make amazing slogans for t-shirts:
- Give peace a chance – John Lennon
- Country roads take me home – John Denver
- Smells like teen spirit – Nirvana
- Welcome to the jungle – GnR
- It’s better to burn out than to fade away – Neil Young
- You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one – John Lennon
- Nothing lasts forever and we both know hearts can change – GnR
- Excuse me while I kiss the sky – Jimmy Hendrix
- People are strange – Jim Morrison
- Get up, standup, stand up for your rights – Bob Marley
Catchy T-Shirt Slogans Inspired By Sports
T-shirts with sayings are not only attractive but can also influence one to work harder to achieve goals, especially if you are involved in track and field. The following are some sports-inspired t-shirt slogans to keep you motivated.
- I Talk After Sports
- Never Give Up: This simple but powerful slogan can get you through the toughest of days.
- A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.
- One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.
- If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.
- Champions keep playing until they get it right.
- If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.
- The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.
- When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.
- You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
Cool Shirt Sayings Derived From Iconic Logos
An important part of brand identity, logos are made up of symbols, colors, shapes and slogans. Some logo slogans have gone on to become popular because of the message they carry. Here is a list of cool shirt sayings derived from iconic logos.
- Nike – Just Do It: The Nike slogan is as popular as the “swoosh” symbol. The caption motivates people to do what they dream of doing
- Reebok – Impossible Is Nothing.
- Apple – Think Different.
- Disneyland – The Happiest Place on Earth.
- Samsung: Do What You Can’t: Just like the Nike slogan, the Samsung slogan motivates you to achieve what is perceived to be difficult by you.
- BMW – The Ultimate Driving Machine.
- Rothy’s – Reduce Your Carbon Footprint in Style.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – America Runs on Dunkin.
- Taco Bell – Think Outside The Bun.
- Tag Heuer – Don’t Crack Under Pressure.
Catchy T-Shirt Slogans Inspired By Quotes From Famous People
From Albert Einstein to Mahatma Gandhi, great people have always shown the world to live in harmony, peace and love. The following quotes by famous people have been used as slogans for t-shirts from all around the world:
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Whoever is happy will make others happy too. – Anne Frank
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. – Albert Einstein
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln
- Life is a long lesson in humility. – James M. Barrie
- Love the life you live. Live the life you love. – Bob Marley
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
Famous T-Shirt Quotes Inspired By Movies
Be it on TV or over the internet, films play an important role in our lives. A substantial amount of time in our lives is devoted to watching movies. Some movies have gone on to become cult classics and are remembered for their breathtaking graphics and dialogues. These movie dialogues have become so popular that they have found their way into banners, posters, and t-shirts. Let us take a look at some famous t-shirt quotes inspired by movies.
- Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. – Gone with the Wind
- I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse. – The Godfather
- Go ahead, make my day. – Sudden Impact
- May the force be with you. – Star Wars
- Love means never having to say you’re sorry. – Love Story
- The stuff that dreams are made of. – The Maltese Falcon
- Made it Ma! Top of the world! – White Heat
- You can’t handle the truth. – A Few Good Men
- A boy’s best friend is his mother. – Psycho
- Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room! – Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Empowering Feminist Quotes
Women’s empowerment is essential for the development of society. An article published on UN.ORG mentions: “‘And we need more women leaders participating in public life and taking decisions,’ flagged General Assembly President Maria Fernanda Espinosa, urging everyone to redouble their efforts ‘against the discrimination and violence women and girls face every day.’”
The following are some quotes by inspiring women:
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. – Margaret Thatcher
- A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman. – Melinda Gates
- A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men. – Gloria Steinem
- Feminism is for everybody. – bell hooks
- Women’s rights are human rights – Hillary Clinton
- My coach said to me I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster he could too. – Mia Hamm
- They tried to bury us; they did not know we were the seeds. – Mexican Proverb
- We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back. – Malala Yousafzai
- Your silence will not protect you. – Audre Lorde
- Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world. – Marilyn Monroe
Iconic T-Shirt Sayings
Apart from the above iconic t-shirt sayings, there have been other culturally relevant catchy t-shirt slogans. The following list includes some new and some rare vintage cool shirt sayings:
- D.A.R.E. To Keep Kids Off Drugs
- I ♥ New York
- Woodstock 1969
- I am the American Dream
- Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd
- Black Lives Matter
- Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
- You can fool some people sometimes but can’t fool all the people all the time.
- Sodom Today Gomorrah The World
- Silence = Death
Now that you know some of the most famous t-shirt quotes of all time, it’s your turn to make a statement with your unique style. Speaking of style, it is time to predict some fashion trends for the year ahead.
T-shirts and slogans have a long history together. Whether you are a college rebel or a fun-loving guy, a t-shirt with a catchy slogan will certainly make you the center of attraction. From funny slogans to quotes inspired by films and popular culture, t-shirts with sayings will always be in fashion.
Business Development Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the Media and Digital marketing sector, Passionate about innovation and bringing the future into new business solutions.
All our subscribers stay ahead of the game with exclusive content and updates. Join the community!